Tampa Passport Fraud Lawyers
In our post-9/11 world, charges of visa and passport fraud are taken very seriously by the government and prosecutors, regardless of a person’s nationality. Consequences for conviction can be harsh, including heavy fines, prison time and deportation. Whether you are a foreign national or a U.S. citizen, it is essential to work with an aggressive criminal defender to help you obtain the best results. Your future depends on it.
Finding Solutions After You Have Been Charged With Immigration Fraud
At Mark J. O’Brien, our attorneys are known for taking on the difficult, the complex and even the seemingly impossible cases that other lawyers may not want or know how to handle.
We understand that many who have been charged with passport or visa fraud are simply those who are trying to stay with or reunite with their families. We know they are not bad people. They have just grown frustrated with the system and have taken matters into their own hands.
Some of the most common forms of visa and passport fraud we see include:
- Engaging in a marriage scam to obtain citizenship
- Creating or using counterfeit identify documents, such as birth certificates, passports and Social Security cards, in order to illegally enter or remain in the country
- Altering a passport or using an altered passport
- Manufacturing or using a fake passport
- Lying on your visa application about your intent in visiting the United States
As your legal counsel, we will work toward full dismissal of charges when possible. If an acquittal is not an option, we fight tirelessly to help you mitigate the most serious consequences associated with your charges.
Florida Visa Fraud Attorneys
Our results show why so many others have trusted us with their criminal matters. For a free consultation, call our firm at 813-440-2347 or 888-496-5916, or contact us online. Our Tampa passport fraud attorneys are ready to help.